Teeth whitening in Plano, TX
Teeth whitening can enhance your smile dramatically and be a huge confidence booster. While it does not involve any procedure as such, it is best undertaken by a licensed practitioner. For many local residents, Dr. Mathew is the Plano dentist of choice for effective and safe teeth whitening.
We discuss the ins and outs of the procedure candidly with you. Dr. Mathew and her team first assess if you are a candidate for teeth whitening. With age, your teeth can naturally darken; dietary habits and tobacco consumption can also cause discoloration over time. For severe discoloration, veneers or crowns may be ideal solutions in restoring the aesthetics of your smile. But, in our experience, we have seen that teeth whitening can sometimes deliver the desired results.
Hedgcoxe Dental uses only state-of-the-art teeth whitening technology that works wonders on your teeth without causing any severe side-effects. We encourage clients to discuss their concerns about teeth whitening Plano with us. We address all questions patiently and courteously.
What Does Teeth Whitening Involve?
Teeth whitening involves the use of a bleaching agent that significantly lightens the color of your teeth. Under Dr. Mathew, you can be rest assured that your teeth get the attention and care they deserve. Here’s what you can expect:
- We conduct teeth examination and shade assessment to determine your teeth’s natural color.
- After taking an impression of your teeth, we proceed to crafting a specialized bleaching tray that will hold the whitening agent against your teeth. The bleaching tray is inconspicuous and comfortable..
- You can pick up your mouth guard in a few days. We will also give you a whitening agent to put into the bleaching tray.
- Dr. Mathew and her team will guide you on the proper use of the bleaching tray and agent.
- You will see the results in a week or two.
Bear in mind that teeth whitening under the supervision of a dentist is absolutely safe. You will not feel any pain. You may experience tooth sensitivity when you first start on the treatment, however this is temporary. Tooth whitening is a universal dental procedure. It is, however, not recommended for children under 13 years of age and pregnant or lactating women.
Is Teeth Whitening at Home a Good Option?
Over-the-counter tooth whitening products are seldom effective, lightening your teeth just a few shades. Our whitening solution can whiten your teeth up to eight shades in 1-2 weeks.
Take the first step to enhancing your smile by scheduling and appointment.